Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

This is a Tamiya 1/35th scale model of the german light tank - the Panzer Kampfwagen 11 ausf G. I bought this model from Turners model shop on London Rd for the princely sum of £9.95! I have made it 'straight from the box' that is, as it comes, all I have added is a bit of extra stowage, almost all else came out of the box, which includes no less then 5 figures!
    I decided to model it as a ausf G (model G) a ausf F can also be made. it represents a tank of the Deutsches Afrika Korps, from the 21st Division, the turret number - 135 - means that this is the 5th vehicle, 3rd Platoon, 1st Company and it is commanded by an Oberleutnant der Panzertruppen, DAK, in 1942.
    The model is of some 50 parts, and is built in 5 stages, there is a good painting guide, transfers for several different vehicles and there are 5 figures.
    The photos show the model underway, note the sand added to the undersides around the roadwheels before the tracks and upper hull are added.
    The model was brush painted with Tamiya acrylic paints and photographed useing my Nikon Coolpix 7100 compact.
    I enjoyed building it and am very pleased with the result, now, what next?

end link