Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

They are certainly adults not children, when they first got in ( Midnight through to 2 am) they had a walk round to find out where the lighting was and the cameras, they then left and came back a short while later and straight away took out the security lights. They were dressed in coveralls and hooded tops and yes going by the video I would say all three were men. They came equipped as they had a crow bar and some croppers that we could see. They used the croppers firstly to take out the lighting then to try and cut through the chain that was securing a set of ladders, when that did not work they cut through the bottom two runs of the ladders when that still did not work they broke down the fence that the ladders were secured to. They wanted the ladders to try and get into the windows of the building. and they also used them to take out one of the security cameras.

The volunteers are gutted, they spent weeks getting the Mill ready for the "Father Christmas weekends" and the small profit we made from that event is gone in a couple of hours by these low life. Then thankfully there is the better side of life, when someone I do not know sets up a giving page to raise money to help us repair the damage. We will be very grateful for what ever this kind lady raises and to those that donate, it gives all the volunteers a lift to know that most people do care..

The police obviously have been informed and will have the CCTV but I am going to ask if their crime prevention officer will come along and give us some advice on what other security measures we can take, but we have to remember that it is a Grade 2 star listed building and that brings in it's own restrictions.

end link