Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I HAVE JUST DONE A VERY LONG POST ON THIS ONE press down the wrong key and lost the lot,so will start again.
    Thank you for puting this up Mr Baker,Yes I was at that Tournment it was out of season for boxing and at first The KABA did not want us to put it on,but in the end it went ahead,I did not box on this one but was in the cornner with the young lads from Dover,So i am going on now to tell you about the two lads we had boxing that day,first we will talk about the great A Hayes,at that time he was the very best J/Boxer we had in Dover and indeed was the very best in Kent and one of the best in the UK and went on to box for England and i was also there when he did, as a junior boxer you could not aske for a better lad to train,he would train 7days aweek even on his own ,boxing was his life at that time, and all the big time trainers of the day were after them even Terry lawess wanted him.he would even go away and train with the big boys of boxing living with the trainers. Abnd he never lost win after win after win and he had well over 200bouts as ajunior evey show that was put on they wanted A,Hayes to box,and by now he could have ended up a very rich man ,he is still about living in Folkestone,we still talk about the good old days,but he went off the rails at the age of about 15years and could never get back to what he was He did box at times and on the same shows as i was boxing at but by this time he was not the same boxer,you can meet up with him he works in Asda at folkestone in the cafe and still avery nice person to talk to.
    Now we go on to Garey,Shirley, again a great lad to know,his first bout was at the age of ten and he lost it,he went on to have 15 or more bouts losing the lot,and we would aske him"Why do you not pack it in son you just have not got it to make a boxer and he would come back by saying"No I am carrying on" even the KABA came up to us and said"Look young Shirly must stop ,we will only give him a few more bouts if he does not win soon we will stop him"We never did tell him that anyway. Well what you are reading on the above post was young G Shirly ver first win.and after the bout,all he said was "Thank you for not giving up on me." After that he went on to win all his bouts and ended up a Kent Champion,and he came up one day and said he was going into the R,A.f AFTER THAT HE WENT ON TO BE THEIR Champion two, this was the same year I went on to win the Kent Heavyweight championship,but at that Time Dover had one of the best Boxing clubs around and at one show in Margate we had five boxers on from Dover ,and the first four won their bouts ,and I was on last that night it must have been about midnight when I got in the ring,evey one there by then had to much to drink and you could smoke then in the hall and the hall was full packed to the door most smoking,anyway there was just a roar from the Dover Supports when I got in the ring and It was a bout I must not lose,and I did not I went hard at it from the first bell the lad i was boxing was from Maidstone his name was Fox and in the end I stoped him in the second round, I still have the photos of that fight ,I think the Boss saw them when he came up to see me train the lads at Westbury one night,he still has the photos of that training night just may be he will put them up on the forum again.Well thats about it for me now but thank you for reading it and they were great times .All part of my life story.

end link