Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Thinking about my post number 5 on keeping the masts at all costs, reminded me that on my tour of the District, I was shown (I believe it was) the old Snowdown Collery that had become extremely run-down - as I guess you would expect in something under 30 years.

These old buildings may have represented the once proud Kent coal-mines, but now they represent decay and waste.

A new business-park was to be built there, providing much needed employment for the residents of Aylesham and the surrounding villages, but a couple of people thought it would be a great idea to have them listed.
    English Heritage, for some reason, agreed and so the buildings there now stand as neglected wrecked buildings; no new business-park was built and the investment went elsewhere: no jobs, no new training, nothing, just an ideal that could never be realised.

We must be open minded and see what is on offer whenever something new comes along, we can't stick our heads in the past, but must respect the past, preserve where possible, but build for future generations.

Roger

end link