Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The Horse lives again! Tony and Janis, helped by Serena, have reopened the White Horse. They have just left the Frenchman, in Folkestone, and took on the Horse just four weeks ago. It is, and will be, much as it was, the 'wall art' will stay, and the kitchen will open at the end of Jan, after a lot of work has been done. A log fire now graces the first of the two back bars, and I found it a very friendly and welcomeing house. Tony and Janis have been in the trade for some years and have a house that will be quieter the thier last one. Music is soft background so the the nature of the Horse will not change, it is a house for older folk to enjoy a beer and a chat, or to sit by the fire a read the papers. I enjoyed several pints of Jennings Cumberland Ale at £3.40 a pint, I am pleased to report that all looks good for the future and I wish Tony, Janis and Serena all the very best, and I urge you all who enjoy a pint of real ale and a chat to give it a go!

end link